Students that are working to earn their G.H. Cook Scholars award are called candidates. Until your final thesis has been signed off by your advisor and your reader, you are not yet a G.H. Cook Scholar. Currently, your application has been turned in and you have begun working on your research that will culminate in your final thesis. Some students have already started their research when they turn in their inital application and continue working right through their senior year. At this point, it is key that you keep on top of your deadlines and do not get bogged down in any one problem. Time begins to move very quickly as a G.H. Cook Scholar Candidate and with your classes it is easy to lose track of time.
Below, you will find beneficial resources to help you move forward with your project.
- Procedure, Requirements and Guidelines
- Time line for Juniors
- Time line for Seniors
- Application Update Form (228k PDF)
- Template for G. H. Cook First Draft Cover Page (23k Word file)
- Template for G. H. Cook Final Thesis Cover Page and Signature Page (26k Word file)
- Current Candidate Directory coming soon!
- Previous George H. Cook Scholars Theses